FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Global Pet Expo Expands Categories for Retailer Excellence Awards in 2013
- Awards will be presented at the pet industry’s largest annual trade show,Global Pet Expo, taking place Feb.20 – 22, 2013 at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, FL-
(Greenwich, CT – 2012) - Officials from Global Pet Expo along with Pet Business Media are pleased to announce four new categories for the second annual Global Pet Expo Retailer Excellence Awards. Designed to honor outstanding independent pet stores, new categories include Best Overall Single-Store Retailer, Best Overall Multi-Unit and Best Live-Animal Specialty Store. Results will be announced and the winners awarded during the Show’s annual breakfast, Feb. 21, 2013 at 8 a.m. at the Orange County Convention Center.
“The new categories were added to honor stores that didn’t quite fit into last year’s categories and we wanted to make sure everyone was considered,” said Andrew Darmohraj, senior vice president of the American Pet Products Association (APPA). “There are so many well-deserving retailers across the country and we look forward to awarding them for their excellence in service and dedication to the pet industry.” APPA presents Global Pet Expo in conjunction with the Pet Industry Distributors Association (PIDA)
The Retailer Excellence Awards will be awarded to one independent pet store in each of the following ten categories:
- (NEW) Best Overall Single-Store Retailer: Recognizes a single-store retailer that excels in sales, customer service, store design, merchandising and community service.
- (NEW) Best Overall Multi-Unit Retailer (two -10 stores) and
- (NEW) Best Over Multi-Unit Retailer (10 or more stores):Two awards will recognize multi-unit retailers with between two and 10 stores and 10 or more stores that excel in sales, customer service, store design, merchandising and community service.
- (NEW) Best Live-Animal Specialty Store: Recognizes a retailer that excels in sales, promotion, display, concern and knowledge of a dedicated live-animal category.
- Merchandising Excellence Award: Recognizes a retailer that demonstrates outstanding creative techniques to promote sales and services.
- Multi-Service Excellence Award: Recognizes a retailer that effectively offers a broad spectrum of services including grooming, training, boarding, etc.
- Marketing Excellence Award: Honors a retailer that effectively executes sales and promotional techniques to increase sales and customers including the use of advertising, public relations, social media and more.
- Customer Service Excellence Award: Recognizes a retailer that provides an unmatched level of customer service, demonstrates familiarity with products and services, etc.
- Excellence in Store Design Award:Honors a retailer that demonstrates excellence in overall store design including merchandising displays, store layout, curb appeal and more.
- Community Service Award: Recognizes a retailer that demonstrates fellowship, integrity and a clear demonstration that the store is committed to giving back to the community.
Award nominations will be accepted until December 21, 2012 and may be submitted via email to email@example.com or fax at 646-674-0102. Nominations will be accepted from manufacturers, retailers, distributors, and members of the press. Submission forms can be found at www.globalpetexpo.org or www.petbusiness.com. Entries will be judged by a committee consisting of Global Pet Expo and Pet Business Media staff members, as well as a panel of select retailers. For more information about the Show, please visit www.globalpetexpo.org.
Global Pet Expo, the pet industry’s largest annual trade show, is presented by the American Pet Products Association (APPA) and Pet Industry Distributors Association (PIDA). The 2012 Show featured 896 exhibitors, 2,487 booths and more than 3,000 new product launches. 5,011 pet product buyers from around the world attended. Global Pet Expo is open to independent retailers, distributors, mass-market buyers, and other qualified professionals. The 2013 Show will take place February 20-22, 2013 in Orlando, FL at the Orange County Convention Center. For more information, visit www.globalpetexpo.org.
The American Pet Products Association(APPA) is the leading not-for-profit trade association serving the interests of the pet products industry since 1958. APPA membership includes more than 1,000 pet product manufacturers, their representatives, importers and livestock suppliers representing both large corporations and growing business enterprises. APPA's mission is to promote, develop and advance pet ownership and the pet product industry and to provide the services necessary to help its members prosper. Visit www.americanpetproducts.orgfor more information.
Connect With Us
american pet product association american pet products american pet products association appa appa members bob vetere children's poetry contest dogs global pet expo gpe national pet owners survey pal pet industry pet industry distributors association pet products pet statistics pets pets add life poetry contest summer