FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Summer Beach Bound Dogs
-The American Pet Products Association (APPA) offers fun tips and products to include dogs in summer sun and sand activities-
(Greenwich, CT - 2012) — Our dogs love the sand and water as much as we do so make sure to include them in all the action this summer.On behalf of APPA and its hundreds of pet product manufacturing members, here are helpful tips and fun products ranging from protective paw-wear to frozen yogurt treats to help keep dogs safe and entertained at the beach.
- Frozen Treats: Help pets beat the summer heat with Pro-Treat® Healthy Licks™. These all-natural treats are blended in a variety of flavors with whole fruits and vegetables and are served in convenient frozen cups. Simply pack these anti-oxidant rich frozen treats in your cooler for a refreshing yet healthy beach treat. http://stewartpet.com/our-products/treats/healthy-licks-frozen-treats/
- Eye Protection:Protect your pup’s eyes from sand and water with Doggles, UV protective eyewear. Comfortably fit pets with adjustable straps and a padded, flexible rubber frame. These cool shades are shatter-proof and great for jaunts in and out of the water. http://www.doggles.com/doggles.html
- Protect the Paws:Keep Fido’s paws safe from hot sand, pavement or broken glass withnatural rubber dog boots by Pawz. The waterproof, reusable and disposable boots fit paws easily and securely without the hassle of straps or zippers. http://pawzdogboots.com/
- Games:Nothing beats a good game of beachside fetch or Frisbee. Pack up a Flying Zisc byWest Paw Design, a must-have floatable toy for active dogs at the beach, made of buoyant material. Also great for fetching and tossing at the beach, Pooch Plushys by Koller Craft are floatable, soft and durable. http://www.westpawdesign.com/catalog/dogs/dog-toys/guaranteed-tough-zogoflex/limited-edition-earth-day-zisc and www.kollercraft-products.com
- Boat Safety: Whether spending time in the water or boat, keep dogs safe in floatable life jackets. Should dogs become exhausted or fall into the water, it’s important that pets remain visible at all times. Check out EZY Dog for a variety of floatation vests. http://store.ezydog.com/categories/FLOTATION-VESTS/
- Skin Hydration:After a long day in the sun and sand, keep Fido’s coat shiny, soft and smooth with Hydrating Butter by Warren London. A natural, non-oily solution, Hydrating Butter helps restore dry, damaged or itchy skin, coats and paws. http://www.warrenlondon.com/products/spa-products/hydrating-butter/
For more information or interview opportunities, contact Jamie Brant at 775-322-4022 or Jamie@theimpetusagency.com.