FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: September 09, 2010
Media Contact: Jamie Brant
The Impetus Agency
APPA NAMES JULES SCHWIMMER SCHOLARSHIP WINNERS
GREENWICH, CT – The American Pet Products Association (APPA) would like to congratulate the winners of The APPA Jules Schwimmer Scholarship Award for the 2010-2011 academic year.
APPA’s Scholarship Program, now in its fourteenth year, was established to help deserving students of APPA member companies. Scholarships are awarded each year to eligible students who present the most impressive combination of academic and non-academic credentials.
The recipients of The APPA Jules Schwimmer Scholarship for 2010-2011 are:
• Jordan Harper, Retail Products Group, attending Texas A&M University
• Jonathan Harper, Aquaterra Biochemical-RPG, attending Texas A&M University
• Jeffrey Faust, Kaytee Products, Inc., attending University of Wisconsin-River Falls
• Kylie Goosmann, Chuck Latham Assoc., attending University of Colorado- Boulder
• Logan Balandrin, Central Avian and Small Animal, attending University of Alabama-Tuscaloosa
• Laura Dungey, Auburn Leathercrafters, attending Eastern University
• Hannah Preszler, ET Horn Company, attending Brigham Young University
• Laura Preszler, ET Horn Company, attending Brigham Young University
Every year APPA provides the opportunity for members to initiate their own scholarship program by piggybacking on the APPA Program with no additional administrative cost. The winner of the APPA Piggyback Program for 2010-2011 is:
• Emily Eller of the Earl F. Smith Memorial Scholarship, Mid-West Metal Products Company, attending Ball State University
The staff at APPA would like to thank all who participated and to invite members to take advantage of this membership benefit again next year, 2011. For questions about The Jules Schwimmer Scholarship Program, please contact Member Relations & Business Development at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (203) 532-0000 ext: 521.
The American Pet Products Association (APPA) is the leading not-for-profit trade association serving the interests of the pet products industry since 1958. APPA membership includes nearly 1,000 pet product manufacturers, their representatives, importers and livestock suppliers representing both large corporations and growing business enterprises. APPA's mission is to promote, develop and advance pet ownership and the pet product industry and to provide the services necessary to help its members prosper. Visit www.americanpetproducts.org for more information.