FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Kerry Sutherland
The Impetus Agency
775 322 4022
APPA NAMES JULES SCHWIMMER SCHOLARSHIP WINNERS
GREENWICH, CT – The American Pet Products Association (APPA) would like to congratulate the winners of The APPA Jules Schwimmer Scholarship Award for the 2009-2010 academic year.
APPA’s Scholarship Program, now in its thirteenth year, was established to help deserving students of APPA member companies. Scholarships are awarded each year to eligible students who present the most impressive combination of academic and non-academic credentials. The recipients of The APPA Jules Schwimmer Scholarship for 2009-2010 are:
• Logan Balandrin, Central Avian and Small Animal, attending University of Alabama: Tuscaloosa
• Brittani Bogatz, Sergeants Pet Care Products, attending University of Nebraska: Lincoln
• Hannah Bullington, Espree Animal Products, attending Texas Tech University
• Amanda Carter, Hamilton Animal Products, attending Central Florida Community College
• Laura Dungey, Auburn Leathercrafters, attending Eastern University
• Erin Long, Ziwipeak Ltd., attending University of Florida
• Leslie Suring, North States Industries, Inc., attending University of Wisconsin: Whitewater
• Kacie West, Central Avian and Small Animal, attending Lone Star College
The staff at APPA would like to thank all who participated and to invite members to take advantage of this membership benefit again next year, 2010. For questions about The Jules Schwimmer Scholarship Program, please contact Member Relations & Business Development at firstname.lastname@example.org. or call (203) 532-0000 ext: 521.
The American Pet Products Association (APPA) is the leading not-for-profit trade association serving the interests of the pet products industry since 1958. APPA membership includes nearly 1,000 pet product manufacturers, their representatives, importers and livestock suppliers representing both large corporations and growing business enterprises. APPA's mission is to promote, develop and advance pet ownership and the pet product industry and to provide the services necessary to help its members prosper. Visit www.americanpetproducts.org for more information.