FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Kerry Sutherland
The Impetus Agency, 775.322.4022, kerry@TheImpetusAgency.com
Help Reduce Your Pet’s Carbon PAWprint this Earth Day
- Pet owners can make earth-friendly choices when choosing products for their pets -
GREENWICH, CONN., April 22, 2009 – Around the world people are making conscious efforts to help our planet Earth, and the pet industry is no exception. From natural litter to toys, accessories and organic food options, earth-friendly pet products are sprouting up everywhere.
The American Pet Products Association (APPA) has compiled some of the most useful and innovative, environmentally-friendly pet products designed with both the pet and planet in mind.
• The NuHemp line by KicX Nutrition is made with certified organic hempseed and hempseed oil. All parts of the hemp plant can be used and grows easily without pesticides making it an eco-friendly option. The NuHemp line includes Gourmet Dog Treats made up of 100% natural holistic ingredients, 100% biodegradable pet-friendly shampoos and conditioners, and recyclable pet bedding for the earth conscious small animal in your life. www.nuhemp.com
• Simple Solution® Naturals line offers great natural solutions to the pet owner’s everyday problems. The Simple Solution NATURAL Biodegradable Training Pads for pups are 100% biodegradable and are able to compost, including the packaging. The NATURAL Stain and Odor Remover is an all natural, eco-sensitive alternative to harsh chemicals that are found in traditional household cleaner, eliminates all odors and stops your repeat carpet-soiling offenders. The Natural Pet Odor Eliminators are made from a natural, non-toxic volcanic material called Zeolite, this mineral has an ionic charge that attracts odors. Millions of micro-sized pores provide superior odor absorption and long lasting results. This product is 100% natural with no fragrances and no harsh chemicals. Great for indoor or outdoor use. Available in granule and crystal form making this a great addition to the safe and smart Simple Solution Naturals line. www.simplesolution.com
• Worlds Best Cat Litter is made from whole-kernel corn. The highly absorbent proteins and fibers found naturally in corn actually bind cat urine and odor molecules in the litter. So, GPC Pet Products developed a patented process that turns corn into a natural litter! It clumps better. It controls odors without the need for perfumes and scents. It’s flushable, biodegradable and more sanitary. www.worldsbestcatlitter.com
• Imperial Cat Scratch N’ Shapes are made from 100% recyclable materials. These fun and unique cat scratchers come in all different shapes and sizes and are designed to complement your décor. They will save your furniture while offering your felines an earth-friendly option for recreation, napping, catnip and clawing. The scratchers also come with a generous bag of Certified Organic Catnip and are produced in the United States. www.imperialcat.com
• Planet Dog’s Recycle Bone toys are made specially from leftover Orbee-Tuff material that otherwise would just be discarded. Some are even designed with a special treat spot for hiding kibble, spreads and other tasty treats dogs love, making it an interactive toy your dog can't play without. 2% of every Planet Dog purchase is donated back to non-profit canine service programs nationwide. The dog toys are produced in the United States, are non-toxic, recyclable and easily rinse clean. www.planetdog.com
If you are interested in receiving further product information, images or product samples, please contact Jamie Brant at The Impetus Agency at jamie@TheImpetusAgency.com or 775-322-4022.
The American Pet Products Association (APPA) is the leading not-for-profit trade association serving the interests of the pet products industry since 1958. APPA membership includes nearly1,000 pet product manufacturers, their representatives, importers and livestock suppliers representing both large corporations and growing business enterprises. APPA's mission is to promote, develop and advance pet ownership and the pet product industry and to provide the services necessary to help its members prosper. Visit www.americanpetproducts.org for more information.