July 11, 2008
Tierra Griffiths, Julie Rowe or Jamie Brant at The Impetus Agency
High Gas Prices Got Your Tail Between Your Legs
or Your Whiskers in a Bunch?
- Try some alternative activities with your pet rather than jumping in your car during the dog days of summer -
GREENWICH, CONN., July 11, 2008 – With the average gas price well over $4 dollars a gallon and climbing, many Americans are planning “staycations” – fun weekend activities closer to home, or right in their own backyard.
There are many options for pet owners beyond playing fetch with a stick. The American Pet Products Manufacturers Association (APPMA) has compiled some cool ideas and activities you and your pet can do to enjoy the rest of the summer, without breaking your gas budget!
- Get fit with your pet. The Go Get It! is a compact, retractable ball thrower that is convenient to carry and use. The Go Get It! can extend to 26 inches from its retracted length of 14 inches, making it compact and easy to stow. The hook quickly attaches to a belt or leash for portability and enables the pet parent use of both hands for other activities. More importantly, the three-prong ball holder provides an easy scoop-and-throw action that eliminates the need for pet parents to touch a wet, slobbery ball. www.aspenpet.com
- Plan a fishing trip… with your cat! Fish right in your own living room with Bamboo’s Fishing Rod & Reel! Designed for ultimate kitty activation, the Fishing Rod & Reel has cats running and keeps them (and you!) entertained for hours. It’s all in the bait – kitty lure with world famous Zoom Around the Room® high-test organic catnip! Operates just like a regular fishing rod and can cast up to 40 feet! www.bamboopet.com
- Get creative. Pup-Casso and Kitty-Casso are the original and world's first NO-MESS NON-TOXIC paint kits for dogs and cats. Its patented system allows you to create a masterpiece without the worry of clean-up! Your pet’s work of art also makes a great gift! www.artcasso.com
- Backyard Tug-of-War contests The Tug-a-Jug™ provides a multi-sensory appeal to keep dogs engaged and motivated to play. Its multi-use purpose – for dogs & owners to play together, for dogs to play on their own, and to feed meals – makes this toy a must-have for every household. The Tug-a-Jug™ can also be used to teach simple training commands like sit, stay, and come.
- Explore the Outdoors Get outside and take your dog for a hike, but don’t forget to do your duty after Fido does his. Bags on Board is the perfect pet waste option for you and your pet. Bags on Board is a compact, refillable dispenser which houses a roll of 15 large bio-degradable doggie clean-up bags. It attaches to any kind of leash - standard or retractable. With Bags on Board, you'll always have bags with you and now you can customize your dispenser! www.bagsonboard.com.
And don’t forget no matter what your outside activity is this summer, be sure your pet stays hydrated and is safely restrained when in a vehicle.
- Stay Hydrated! The Hydro-Go Pet Canteen is perfect for pets and their owners on the go! It features a convenient fold out bowl which allows for easy drinking and quick cleanup. The bowl and canteen work together to form a funnel, easily allowing the unused water to be poured back into the canteen. The bowl also detaches, allowing the canteen to be used as a second bowl, giving you a food and water bowl. www.vetventures.com
- Safe Pet Travel! If you do decide to take your pet in the vehicle, there are many options to transport them safely. The Wander Carrier™ is a great way for your pet to be able to come along for the ride. Equipped with an interior tether and can also be buckled into a vehicle seatbelt. The Wander Carrier™ also features side pockets for extra storage and is expandable and collapsible. www.kurgo.com
If you are interested in receiving further product information, images, product samples or would like to schedule an interview please contact Jamie Brant at The Impetus Agency at jamie@TheImpetusAgency.com or 775-322-4022.
The American Pet Products Manufacturer's Association (APPMA) is the leading not-for-profit trade association serving the interests of the pet products industry since 1958. APPMA membership includes more than 1,000 pet product manufacturers, their representatives, importers and livestock suppliers representing both large corporations and growing business enterprises. APPMA's mission is to promote, develop and advance pet ownership and the pet product industry and to provide the services necessary to help its members prosper. Visit www.appma.org for more information.