July 28, 2008
Contact: Tierra Griffiths/Julie Rowe/Jamie Brant
The Impetus Agency
775 322 4022
APPMA Names Jules Schwimmer Scholarship and Piggyback Scholarship Winners
GREENWICH, CT, July 28, 2008 – The American Pet Products Manufacturers Association (APPMA) would like to congratulate the winners of The APPMA Jules Schwimmer Scholarship Award, along with the winners of the Earl F. Smith Memorial Scholarship/Mid-West Metals Product Company for the 2008-2009 academic year.
APPMA’s Scholarship Program, now in its eleventh year, was established to help deserving students of APPMA members. Scholarships are awarded each year to eligible students who present the most impressive combination of academic and non-academic credentials. The recipients of The APPMA Jules Schwimmer Scholarship for 2008-2009 are:
- Logan Balandrin, Central Avian and Small Animal, attending University of Alabama: Tuscaloosa
- Hannah Bullington, Espree Animal Products, attending Texas Tech University
- Laura Dungey, Auburn Leathercrafters, attending Eastern University
- Stephanie Endicott, Pacific Coast Imports, attending George Washington University
- Jeffrey Faust, Kaytee Products, Inc., attending University of Wisconsin Center-Fond Du Lac
- Daniel Mortimer, Kaytee Products, Inc., attending University of Minnesota: Twin Cities
- Kristina Punzi, Barron’s Educational Series, Inc., attending State University of New York College at Geneseo
- Amy Robertson, Frontier Distributing, Inc., attending Kent State University
- Rebecca Schmid, Kaytee Products, Inc., attending Lake Erie College
Every year APPMA provides the opportunity for members to initiate their own scholarship program by piggybacking on the APPMA Program with no additional administrative cost. The winner of the APPMA Piggyback Program for 2008-2009 is:
- Emily Smithson of the Earl F. Smith Memorial Scholarship, Mid-West Metal Products Company., attending Indiana Business College: Muncie
The staff at APPMA would like to thank all who participated and invite members to take advantage of this membership benefit again next year, February 2009. For questions about The Jules Schwimmer Scholarship Program, please contact Member Relations & Business Development at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (203) 532-0000 ext: 521.
The American Pet Products Manufacturer's Association (APPMA) is the leading not-for-profit trade association serving the interests of the pet products industry since 1958. APPMA membership includes over 1,000 pet product manufacturers, their representatives, importers and livestock suppliers representing both large corporations and growing business enterprises. APPMA's mission is to promote, develop and advance pet ownership and the pet product industry and to provide the services necessary to help its members prosper. Visit www.appma.org for more information.