October 5, 2007
Tierra Griffiths / Julie Rowe / Jamie Brant
The Impetus Agency
No Tricks, Just Treats for Your Pet This Halloween
GREENWICH, CONN., October 5, 2007 –Halloween isn’t just for kids, as pet parents plan to let their loved ones have some fun too this year.
According to the 2007-2008 American Pet Products Manufacturers Association’s (APPMA) National Pet Owners Survey, 7% of dog owners say they’ve purchased a Halloween costume for their dog – that’s up from 4% in 2004.It’s not just costumes either, as more and more pet parents plan to treat their pets with Halloween toys and goodies.
We’ve put together a list of Halloween gifts for pets.If you are interested, we are happy to arrange an interview with APPMA President, Bob Vetere on this growing Halloween trend, as well as provide high-res images or product samples.Please contact Leah Nelson at MassMedia at 775.322.0755 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your pet will love some “spooktacular” Halloween munchies like Three Dog Bakery’s Unique Halloween Treats.Try a BoneYard Cake, Bittie Bat Bites, Pooch Spooks and Creepcakes – all the cookies and cakes are all-natural, wholesome, oven-baked food and treats for dogs.www.threedog.com
- Premier’s Halloween Squeeze Meeze dog toys are sure to create excitement on Halloween night!These three playful latex toys squeak when squeezed and have unique extendable features. The fun designs are sure to appeal to dogs and their owners, alike. The cat’s tail extends, the spider’s legs unroll and the witch’s hat extends. www.premier.com
- Howlin Pet’s new Matching Collar and Leash Sets are definitely full of Halloween spirit.The collars and leashes feature fun designs such as candy corn, pumpkins and Happy Howlin messages.www.howlinpet.com
- If you plan on dressing up Fido this Halloween, Puppe Love has over 30 different Halloween Costumes to choose from.Try out Barkenstein (shown above), Sir BarksALot, PirateBarkANeer, Butterflies or Owls and many more in various sizes.www.puppelove.com
- No tricks for kitty this Halloween, its all treats, with Yeowww! Yeowww!-loween Pumpkin Catnip toy by Duckyworld.The small pumpkins are completely filled with organically grown catnip for hours of fun.www.duckyworld.com
- Deck your fish tank out with Halloween decorations too!Vo-Toy’s Boney Skeleton or Fluorescent Skull will make even your fish tank look creepy for Halloween.The ceramic aquarium ornaments will fit most tanks.www.vo-toys.com
The American Pet Products Manufacturer's Association (APPMA) is the leading not-for-profit trade association serving the interests of the pet products industry since 1958. APPMA membership includes more than 1,000 pet product manufacturers, their representatives, importers and livestock suppliers representing both large corporations and growing business enterprises. APPMA's mission is to promote, develop and advance pet ownership and the pet product industry and to provide the services necessary to help its members prosper. Visit www.appma.org for more information.